Sunday, May 01, 2011

Bunbury to Perth to Bussleton, Margaret River and back to Perth!!

Near Annette and John's


Hi

I'm now in Perth for the second time. Since my last Post I have seen a bit more of Bunbury and surrounding area, thanks to Annette. We went to the Dolphin Discovery Centre but didn't see any Dolphins. This centre does a lot of Research and Conservation . They research into better managing the interaction with, and the welfare of, the wild dolphins in their natural enviroment. It's run mainly by volunteers and was extremely interesting and educational. You often see Dolphins swimming in the bay but not this day, when we were there anyway.

I managed to wash and vacumn the motorhome but of course it rained the next day. Annette managed to arrange a Service for the 'home'. Can you believe I've done 9,000kms already!! I'd love to have the money that I've spent on Diesel. Whilst it was being serviced I had a haircut (well overdue) and then Annette and I did a bit more shopping, mainly food.

On Thursday 28th I drove to Perth. After dropping Annette off at their place in Brisbane, I headed for the Caravan Park ( which was pretty average) which was about 22km north/east of Perth but close to where Lachlan was staying. I met up with him at 7.30pm and as he had already eaten I had a coffee. We only spent 1 1/2 hrs together but it was great to see him.

Next day I headed back south to Busselton which is past Bunbury. The caravan park is opposite the beach so the dogs had a great run and swim. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to leave the dogs unattended so the scooter stayed on the back. Saturday I drove to Margaret River and had a bit of a look. It is a very picturesque area and I did go to a couple of wineries. Unfortunately I had to limit my tasting because I was driving. The dogs were bored ++

I left there this morning and drove back to Perth. I had booked into a Caravan Park, which is only 11km from Perth. It's worse than the one I stayed in when I saw Lachlan, but cheaper. There are a lot of Permanents and I've squeezed in between one and a fence, which backs onto a main road!! Anyway it's only for 2 nights and I do want to have a look at Perth which I'll do tomorrow, on the scooter.

A couple of the horses on Tin Horse Hwy

Sunset at Wickepin Caravan Park, where I was the only person.


There were so many kangaroos quite close to the street


Vasse Felix Winery

Hope everyone is well

Lots of Love

Jo, Kaiser, Chardy and Shiraz
xx    woof     woof          woof


                

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    just caught up on your travels
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    Well just worked out how to sign in and joined google so now I know my comments work! I tried earlier to post but gave up, even Ben couldnt help me. So we are intelligent experienced adults and can work these things out ourselves! Who needs smarty young kids? Well it looks like your have a wonderful time, I would have eaten those 3 dozen oysters at once and bought more yum yum. Lucky you! Great photos beutiful Blue Lake.
    well Im off to Thailand in 3 weeks now and I an finally excited so chat soon
    Love
    Andy

    ReplyDelete