Saturday, May 07, 2011

Perth to Leeman

Hi everyone

I'm now in Leeman which is about 300kms from Perth. It's on the coast just 1/2hr north of Jurien Bay which is a well known holiday spot, bur niot quite as up market. The park is clean and pretty basic but the owners are very nice and friendly. I 've met a lady who is following the V8 Supercars around Australia and is living out of a station wagon!. She's lived in Coober Pedy and has already seen a fair bit of Oz. Her only drawback is that she likes Holdens and is a Collingwood supporter. She is making her way to Darwin for the races there in 6 weeks, quite a gutsy lady.

I was pleased to leave Perth as the lady at the Caravan Park who was next to me became quite abussive, mind you I didn't keep my mouth shut for long. She was complaining about my dogs barking which scared her dog and he wouldn't go out for a pee! poor little thing! Then she told me I shouldn't be parked there and as I said to her I was told to park there. Anyway a lot more went on and then she said that the park had been condemned and I said I wasn't surprised.

From Perth  I went and had a look at Freemantle and then drove to Moora, which was North East for about 2 1/2hrs.

I did have trouble with the lights and the water pump whilst in Perth and on my way to Moora realised that the batteries for the motor home may be flat. I was right and $434.00 later I had new batteries, plus lights and water pump.

Moora is a lovely little town and the Caravan park is council owned. Not only was it clean and well maintained, the washing machines and dryers were free. I stayed 2 nights and washed everything in sight, well nearly. That night, at 4am,  Chardy vomited all over the clean doona cover, the little s--t, I was not impressed. It got another wash and I sponged cleaned the doona. Luckily there was no pressure for me to leave the park by 10am so everthing dried.

I've been out on the scooter this morning and it took about 15mins to see the town. There are a couple of beaches (but dogs are not allowed), Petrol Station x 2, a Club (no hotel) and a couple of stores, with the Post Office being in one. I did buy a Tattslotto ticket for the 14th so when you read that someone from Leeman won 1st division that will be me!!!

Tomorrow I'm heading for Geraldton and will stay for a couple of nights. Load up on food and buy the last of the cheaper fuel.

Time for photos

 Perth Caravan Park
 Perth, from Kings Park
 Leeman
The Bay at Leeman

Hope you are all well. Until next time

Lots of love

Jo, Kaiser, Chardy and Shiraz
xx     woof     woof           woof

No comments:

Post a Comment