Saturday, May 14, 2011

Leeman, Geraldton and Kalbarri

Hi everyone

Sorry for the delay with this but I was unable to sign onto my blog.

I stayed in Leeman 3 nights and then headed to Geraldton. I detoured 30 km, inland,  to go to a place called Evandale Pool which one of the campers said was worth a visit. It certainly was. It was like an oasis in the middle if the countryside and you could camp there for a small fee of $5. I didn't but spent about a hour there admiring the surrounds.

I got to Geraldton and stayed at a caravan park which is close to the mouth of  the Greenough River and the Indian Ocean. It's also a popular area for 4WD, motor bikes and Quad bikes so was pretty noisy when I went for a walk. The Park was large and full of Permanents but I did get a discount for being a "senior". Had a look at the city on my scooter and did some shopping.

I then came here and had decided to stay a week. Unfortunately, once again, dogs are not to be left unattended but lots of people do. It's a great place for walks and swims, not that I have done the latter. This place is also situated at the mouth of a river (Murchison) and surrounded by National Parks. After a couple of days I put the dogs into 'doggy day care'. It was actually a kennel but not one that you would leave the dogs in  for more than a day. There were no other dogs there and it is owned by a young guy who obviously doesn't rely on the kennel for his income! Anyway the dogs survived and I had a good day sightseeing.

I'm staying here till Tuesday and then head to Denham which is 25kms from Monkey Mia. I know Monkey Mia has a caravan park but not sure of the cost. I'll only stay 2 or 3 nights as other campers say that is enough.

No other news except it is raining and on the cool side.


 Evandale Pool near Geraldton
 The mouth of the Greenough River and Indian Ocean - near Caravan Park Geraldton
 Natural Bridge - part of coastline near Kalbarri
Murchison River,  well part there of

Until next time

Lots of Love

Jo, Kaiser, Chardy and Shiraz
xx     woof     woof         woof

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo
    sorry it has been a while since i have been in contact. You are having the best time aren't you. i am so pleased. i have read all of your latest blogs and cant believe all the things you have seen and done. things carry on here. i did put a deposit on a car today - a toyota corolla. my mechanic will look at it this week and if he thinks all is well i will have it by next weekend. very exciting!! miss you alot at work but great to hear you are having the trip of a lifetime. much love janexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jo,
    sounds like you are still enjoying your travels. We just got back from 5 days in our van up at Noosa and enjoyed every minute....can't wait to be able to spend more time enjoying that lifestyle. Keep the blogs coming, love reading all your updates.
    Take care
    Debs

    ReplyDelete