Saturday, July 30, 2011

Katherine to Daly Waters

Gidday

I'm actually in a place called Ti-Tree which is about 200kms north of Alice Springs. There are a few of the natives here plus there are a lot of their dogs. Unfortunately Chardy has taken a liking to one of the dogs and is acting like a little 'hussy' so I have had to have words.

Katherine Gorge was quite good but did not see as many crocs as I did at Geike Gorge, not that it is all about crocs. We had to change boats when we went from one gorge to the other and it was all very interesting.

You think the Gold Coast has a lot of bats well I've never see such large colonies as there is near the gorge. I haven't heard anything about the Hendra virus being here.

After Katherine I went to Mataranka and stayed in a Park on the river. There are also natural springs here and yes this time I did go for a swim. The water was warm so really wasn't that refreshing. These springs were called Bitter Springs and then I also went to the Mataranka Springs but didn't swim there. The Bitter Springs are in natural enviroment but the Mataranka ones have been enclosed like a swimming pool.

From there I went to Daly Waters which is a town that has a pub, souvenier shop and petrol bowsers. The pub put on a meal of beef, barramundi (You could have either of 1/2 and 1/2, which is what I had) and salad for $27.50 and it was delicious and far too much for me.

I'm now making my way to Alice and will hopefully get there tomorrow. I will probably only stay there one night as there really isn't anything there, except shopping for food.

Here at Ti-Tree there are 2 peacocks and 8 peahens which I find rather odd. I have no idea how they got here but are obviously happy.

Well that's it till next time


Katherine Gorge

Katherine Gorge

Rock Art at Katherine Gorge

 Guess who?
Tortoise in Billabong at Springvale Homestead Caravan Park

Part of Bitter Springs

Devils Marbles - well some of them anyway


Well once again it's time to goodbye. Hope everyone is well

Lots of Love

Jo, Kaiser, Chardy and Shiraz
xx    woof     woof         woof

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo
    well it has been ages since i caught up . saw a picture of you in darwin at work and thought i would catch up on all your news. judging by your blog and the great photos you have done heaps and having agreat time doing it. you look fantastic by the way! what a beautiful place of the world.things are are fine but not nearly as adventurous. miss you but am so happy you are going well and having fun love jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's the random lady in the pic? Hope Kaiser wasn't to jealous of Chardy and her new men

    ReplyDelete