Sunday, July 24, 2011

Darwin to Litchfield National Park

Hi Everyone

Well my time with my sister and brother-in-law came to an end too quickly. They headed of to Kakadu last Tuesday and were staying there 4 nights. The Caravan Park, in Kakadu, was far nicer than the one we stayed at in Darwin.

Before they left we did visit the Markets at Mindil Beach which is at Fannie Bay. The market is well known for it's food stalls which are all of different Nationalities. There were also a lot of Art and Craft stalls. The market doesn't start till 4pm on Sundays and 5pm on Thursdays and they run for 5 hours. We brought our dinner there and took it back to our vans but a majority of the people bought their table and chairs and ate their meal there, which was next to a beach. We took ours 'home' because we had to have 'happy hour' before we ate!! The food was delicious and there was enough for 2 meals so we had it again the next night.

Peter, brother-in-law, had to go to Harvey Norman and whilst there he noticed that they had a special on having photos printed, 9cents per print. It finished that day so he took me there and I had 1148 prints done and saved $35!! Now to put them in Albums, I haven't done the last lot yet and there are 700 prints.

After Flip left I washed and clipped the dogs. I know so exciting but they were in desperate need for a wash and could've lasted a few more weeks before a clip but decided to do it as had not much else to do.

I left Darwin on Friday and went to Litchfield National Safari Park which was great. There was no reception there so that's why I'm a bit behind with my blog.
There are a few waterfalls plus rock pools so I went on my scooter to see them. I had to travel 28kms to get to Florence Falls but was well worth the effort.Yes I did go for a swim at Florence Falls and Rock Pool and it was quite cold when you first got in but you soon got used to it. There were lots and lots of people at the rock pools and it wasn't that easy to get in because of the slippery rocks and limited areas on where you could go in. Buley Rock Pools were close to Florence and quite different as they were along a river where as Florence was a the base of 2 waterfalls.

I'm now back at Adelaide River to catch up on my emails and blog. Also to recharge camera battery and computer as I wasn't on a powered site at Litchfield.

Tomorrow I head back to Katherine, to see Katherine Gorge and then head for Alice Springs and the great rock!

I'm having trouble putting photos on so will do another blog.

Love to everyone

Jo, Kaiser, Chardy and Shiraz
I

No comments:

Post a Comment