Saturday, April 09, 2011

Port Lincoln to Elliston

Hi Everyone

On Monday 4th April, Rochelle and Brad left the camp site, which left Leanne, Bruce, their 2 kids and myself. That afternoon we all went into Port Lincoln and bought some prawn meat and a King fish, plus I got some oysters. That evening the "boys"lit a bonfire (with permission from the owner) and Brad wrapped the fish up in a few layers of foil and put it in amongst the coals. 15 minutes later we had a beautiful meal of prawns, fish and salad and of course some wine. It was a great evening and it was nice not to be eating on my own.
 Next day I left for Coffin Bay which is only 41kms away so it was a short trip. The park was very nice but they wouldn't allow you to leave dogs alone in your caravan or motorhome, so I couldn't take the scooter out. That meant I walked but unfortunately Kaiser wasn't as keen as me, Chardy would walk for hours. Anyway I did walk a fair bit and managed to find the oyster sheds and purchased 3 doz. at $7 per doz. By this time I was having to carry Kaiser as he refused to walk any further. I suppose that is one way of getting fit, Kaiser in one arm and 3 doz oysters in the other, plus my camera bag!! It was also very hot. Anyway once we got back to the park both dogs slept well and I opened all the oysters which wasn't that difficult. They were delicious and no I didn't eat them all at once. Coffin Bay is a gorgeous place and the water is so crystal clear. Lots of bird life plus there were lots of kangaroos in the caravan park after dark. It really is so different to Port Lincoln and is a great fishing area. One couple I met had been there for 6 1/2 weeks and they are from Coffs Harbour. They come here every year mainly for the fishing, he has his own boat.
The weather was great until the day I left when it became very windy and it stayed that way for the next 160 plus km to Elliston. Once here it was cool and very windy. On Saturday I walked to the jetty, and on it (424 metres) and was nearly blown off, so were the dogs. The jetty is heritage listed and a lot of people fish from it but not today because of the wind. I then took the dogs to the beach and let them off their leads which they love and just run non stop. Kaiser even likes the beach and doesn't stop but I think that's because it is soft under paw!
Tomorrow I head to Streaky Bay and will stay there for 3 nights. I'm hoping to take the scooter for a run and have a good look around.


Coffin Bay - Thursday
 Coffin Bay - Friday the day I left quite windy
 Coffin Bay taken the Thursday
 Jetty at Elliston
The beach we walked along

That's it for another day. Hope you are all well

Lots of Love
Jo, Kaiser, Chardy and Shiraz

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo
    Well i have just caught up with all your news and adventures. I am envious. it sounds great. very impresses by how intrepid you are. you have taken to it like a seasoned adventurer. things continue on here. The hospital is busy and although i am only there one day i notice that many people are tired. You are missed. school on holidays tomorrow!
    continue to stay safe and having fun jane

    ReplyDelete