Friday, April 15, 2011

Elliston to Norseman

Hi everyone

Sorry for the delay in updating this but I am so relaxed I forget all about time.
I went to Streaky Bay and it was a great spot. The Caravan Park was on the foreshore and it was lovely seeing the pelicans and seagulls just wandering around. Because it is a bay the water was quite calm and crystal clear as it was at Coffin Bay. I stayed there for 3 nights and had 2 beautiful days out of the 3. I did manage to take the scooter out for a run and went to Bauer Point which was 20kms of DIRT road, from the park and then I had to get back. The road was pretty good so the scooter didn't suffer.
When I arrived there ( at the park ) I met Rochelle and Brad who I first met at Port Lincoln. It was like a mini reunion and it was great to see a familiar face. Kaiser and Chardy were happy to see Dudley and Mollie too. They had been there for a week and were leaving the next day.
The next day, who do you think pulled in, in their caravan? Yes Leanne and Bruce ( from Port Lincoln). Talk about old home week!! They were staying for a few days and had plans to swim with the seals and Dolphins at Baird Bay.
Next was Penong, via Ceduna. I got diesel at Ceduna because it was quite cheap compared with where I had been. I also filled the gerry cans - just in case. Ceduna is a picturesque town and there were quite a few Aboriginees.
Penong is just a town, nothing there except the Caravan Park and it was cheap - $18. Rochelle and Brad were also there and had been for 2 days and Brad had been fishing - 27kms away. He didn't have much luck the first day but managed to catch some the day I was there. We ended up having dinner ( fish of course ) together which was great.
We both left the next morning for Eucla and the crossing of the Nullarbor. The trip was uneventful and there isn't much atbEucla.
I left, this morning, for Norseman and did plan to stay in a free parking area but whenever I arrived at one there was noone else there so didn't feel comfortable being the first. I arrived at Norseman ( which was a 700km trip ) and I'm staying for 2 nites. It is an expensive park $33 per nite but hey who cares!!
Here are some photos

Sunset at Streaky Bay

A friendly native

Part of the Head of the Great Australian Bight
Part of the longest straightest road in Australia - 163kms

That's it. Hope everyone is well and happy
Love

Jo, Kaiser and Chardy
xx    woof        woof

1 comment:

  1. oh Jo, it sounds like you are having such a good time on your travels. Great to meet up with the same folk and get together and have wonderful fishy evenings. continue to enjoy.... you deserve it. Missing you and your ability to have fun on the ward.

    ReplyDelete