Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Now in Gladstone

Hi All

Here I am in Gladstone with Josh.

After leaving O'Çonnell River I went to McKay but there wasn't anything there, didn't even take a photo. From there I drove to St Lawrence which is part of the Broadsound Range which probably doesn't mean anything to you cos it didn't to me until I got there. This was a free park at the Recreational Oval and there are showers which you have  pay $1 for a 4 minute shower. This place so clean and I think volunteers look after it. Quite impressive.

Next was Yeppoon which I thoroughly enjoyed. The weather was fantastic and the Caravan Park was very close to 2 beaches, one for general public and the other is a dog beach. The latter was 2kms long but the dogs had to stay on their leads which didn't stop my 2 from swimming. I scootered to the marina which apparently is the largest in Nth Queensland. I met an English couple at the caravan park who I first met in Carnarvon WA. They are also travelling in a Motorhome the same as mine but it is much newer. They are travelling with a Bulldog and they also have a scooter on the back!!

I'm now in Gladstone but Josh wasn't here when I arrived as he was on his way back from Gold Coast. On my way here Chardy started coughing and dryretching. I had given, both of them, chicken necks with their dinner and so I thought part of one was stuck in her throat. I found a vet, here in Gladstone, and the young vet who looked 16!, said that it could be an obstruction or an upper respiratory tract infection but will need an xray. I had to leave her there for 2 hours so Kaiser and I went to a dog park. To cut a long story short, it did turn out to be a 'cold' and Chardy is now on antibiotics and I was left to pay $249.00 ( 140 of that was the xray which is cheaper than an anaesthetic) She certainly is better'

It is great to see Josh. He lives in a 3 bedroom townhouse, on his own. He is not meant to have dogs in the house which is a bit stressful for me, as I have to keep them quiet and every time I go out, I have to make sure no one sees us. Luckily his neighbours are away. I've done lots if washing but haven't had to do any housework as a cleaner comes in once a week - no charge to Josh.

I leave here tomorrow and head for Hervey Bay where I will be staying with a friend's ( Julianne) brother

Marina at Yeppoon

Dog beach - Yeppoon

At Yeppoon Marina

Beach at Yeppoon

Well that's it. Hope everyone is well

Lots of Love

Jo, Kaiser, Chardy and Shiraz
xx    woof     woof         woof

No comments:

Post a Comment